Common Sense and Tradition
May 19-23, 2013 - An Advanced Midwifery Workshop
Continuing education units applied for with the American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
This is one of our advanced workshops and is for practicing midwives, nurse midwife students, medical students, advanced midwife students, labor and delivery nurses, and doctors.
Registration Fee / Register Now / Suggested Reading List
Class participants for a special bond with each other that continues after the workshops have come to an end
Workshop for Midwives: Common Sense and Tradition: $795 - Register Now
(Discount fee of $745 for Shenandoah University students who sign up before Feb. 28 2013)
This includes all classes and CEU's from ACNM , plus two meals a day, breakfast and dinner for five days, plus snacks of fruit, coffee and tea anytime during the workshop.
The Farm Store provides a variety of foods, salads and homemade soups for lunches. Supper will be a delicious home cooked vegetarian meal every night. Accommodations are available within our community. See our “Accommodations” page.
Dates: May 19-23, 2013
Suggested Reading List
• Spiritual Midwifery, by Ina May Gaskin $20
• Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Ina May Gaskin $18
• Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding, Ina May Gaskin $18
You may buy the above books from us. Postage and handling
1 book = $8.00 book rate
add $3.00 for each additional book
Mail checks to:
The Farm Midwifery Center
P.O. Box 217
Summertown, TN 38483
• Myles Textbook for Midwives, Ruth Bennett and Linda K. Brown Publisher, Churchill Livingston, 1993. Order from Amazon.com
• Heart and Hands, Elizabeth Davis
• A Book for Midwives, Susan Klein
• Listen to Me Good, Smith & Holmes
• Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, Christiane Northrup, M. D.
• Herbs for the Childbearing Year, Susan Weed
• Birth at Home, Sheila Kitzinger
• Rediscovering Birth, Sheila Kitzinger
• Lying In: A History of Childbirth in America, Wertz & Wertz. Yale University Press, 1977
• The American Way of Birth, Mitford, Jessica. Dutton, 1992
• A Midwife’s Tale, Ulrich, Laurel Thatcher. Knopf, 1990
• Brought to Bed: Childbearing in America, 1750-1950, Leavitt, Judith Walzer. Oxford University Press, 1986
• Birthing From Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation, Pam England, and Rob Horowitz